After the initial impression and introduction to the customer your website hasto give them what they are looking for – quickly. Most readers will spend less than 10 seconds on your website before leaving.
Remember – people read websites like they read magazines, flipping through looking at the pictures and skimming the headlines.
Knowing this, follow these guidelines:
- Use descriptive, succinct headlines
- Describe your services in point form
- Use bold text, pull quotes or capitals to emphasise important points
- Where possible, compliment your text with relevant photos / icons / graphs to reinforce WHAT you do.
- Keep the users attention for a few more seconds by using subtle but relevant animations, like slideshows or video to keep them on site